Preamplifier with phono, digital and line inputs
Pre Box DS2 Digital – a true high performance all-arounder!
The advanced Pre Box DS2 Digital is an universal and very flexible pre-amplifier and D/A converter of highest class. The built in D/A converter AK4490, from high end manufacturer Asahi Kasai Microdevices, has five different digital filters which let you shape the sound to your preference. It offers full DSD256 support and upsampling of all input signals to 768kHz from USB, coaxial and optical inputs.
This realises high-resolution sound playback with a rich sound field and bass representation with less distortion. It features five digital inputs as well as analogue line level input and phono line in. The BT receiver supports aptX for best wireless sound conversion. That makes it suitable for any source available. One variable, one fixed analogue output and also one to connect the Pre Box DS2 Digital to your subwoofer are available.
The samplerate converter (AK4137) features three different settings (sound modes). All that makes the Pre Box DS2 Digital the most versatile audiophile pre-amplifier D/A converter in its price range!
Due to its class-leading audio performance Pre Box DS2 Digital is an ultimate high-end bargain!
Upgrade your Existing Amplifier
Suitable for all source types, the Pro-Ject Audio Pre Box DS2 Digital boasts five digital inputs, analogue line level input and phono line in. The Bluetooth receiver also supports the newest aptX tech. All of these features make the Pro-Ject Pre Box DS2 Digital the most versatile audiophile pre-amplifier and DAC in its price range.
Flexibility in Spades
- High-quality phono MM + MC preamp
- 5 digital Inputs (1x USB, 2x optical, 1x coax, 1x Bluetooth aptX)
- Top grade AK4490 D/A chip (32-bit PCM 768kHz / DSD256)
- XMOS asynchronous USB (Up to 32bit/768kHz)
- DSD64, DSD128 & DSD256 (DSD over PCM)
- Digital coax input (up to 24bit/192kHz)
- SPDIF Toslink inputs (up to 24bit/96kHz)
- 2 analogue inputs 1x Line In (RCA), 1x Phono Line In (RCA)
- 5 digital inputs 1x coax (S/PDIF), 2x optical (TOSlink®), USB B, BT (aptX)
- D/A-converter AK4490 32-bit PCM 768kHz / DSD256
- Sampling rate converter AK4137EQ upsampling to 768kHz
- Sampling rates 32/44,1/48/88,2/96/176,2/192/352,8/384/768 kHz
- DSD support DSD64, DSD128 and DSD256
- Filter settings 5 different selectable on front
- Frequency response 20Hz - 20kHz (+0/-1dB)
- Analogue outputs 1 x 6.3mm Headphone Out (front)
- 1 x Sub Out
- 1 x Fix Out (RCA)
- 1 x Variable Out (RCA)
- Output voltage 2.2 Veff (switchable +6dB gain gives 4.4 Veff )
- THD 0.00085%
- Crosstalk -117dB (10kHz@0dB)
- Signal to noise ratio 113dB (20 - 20.000 kHz)
- Power consumption <1 Watt standby, 600mA max
- Outboard Power supply 18V/1000mA DC (included)
- Dimensions W x H x D 206 x 71 x 220 mm (Alu)
- 240 x 72 x 220 mm (Wood)
- Weight 1570 g (Alu) without power supply
- 2000 g (Wood) without powersuppl
Pro-Ject Audio has been reviving music since 1990. After the fall of the Berlin Wall, when factories were closing in droves, founder Heinz Lichtenegger bought a turntable factory in the small Czech town of Litovel. Retaining the experienced staff and re-imagining classic turntable designs, we went to work constructing low cost, design-oriented turntables that would help people rediscover music the way it should be.
We're still working with the same staff out of the same small factory in Litovel. We've kept revising our low cost options for the easiest use, best sound and cleanest finish. But we also build midrange and high end turntables... and a whole lot more.
We don't expect you to believe everything we say. You've got no reason to trust us, so don't. Look up reviews and ask your friends. We're talked about and reviewed positively, and for good reason. Whether you're after a cheap and easy 'table, a high end award winner or quality hi-fi equipment, you'll keep coming across one name. That's Pro-Ject Audio Systems.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.