Made in Japan by Audio Masters
The second generation S100/2 data switch creates an ideal low-noise environment for networked music libraries to operate in, helping to deliver the best possible sound performance.
Compared to an ordinary IT data switch, the S100/2 offers extraordinary architecture, with two 100 Mb RJ45 ports for the best audio quality and six 1 Gb ports for PC connectivity, and other high-traffic-flow devices, such as the Roon Core processor.
The second generation S100/2 also gains an improved power circuit board with a carefully selected AC adapter.
- Two SFP ports for compatible optical fibre components such as Lumin
- 1.5MB buffer capability for stable and reliable data
- Improved power circuit board and audiophile supply implementation with a bank of audio-grade capacitors to ensure the lowest noise.
- Power supplies are external to the switch, giving good isolation and allowing for future upgrades
- Mechanical stability contributes to system performance: the S100s2 is built on a rigid steel chassis
2 x 100 Mb/E RJ45
6 x 1000 Mb/E RJ45
2 x fibre SFP/LC
12 V 1 amp 5.5 mm x 2.1mm coax
Size 215 x 61 x 269 mm (W H L)
Weight 2.5 kg
Melco was established by Makoto Maki in 1975 in Japan. Maki, an enthusiastic audiophile, established the company to design and manufacture the finest audio components of the time – the undoubted masterpiece of the Melco line being the turntable, introduced into the UK in 1980, which set new standards in music reproduction.
From those early beginnings Melco developed into the largest computer peripherals manufacturer in Japan, offering advanced products based on rigorous R&D, including Wireless routers, Ethernet Data Switches and storage devices such as NAS drives.
Now the Company is proud to revive the highly-respected Melco brand, offering discerning audiophiles high technology networked audio components in the spirit of those much revered early Melco products, while incorporating the very latest research into reliable high performance networked devices and storage.
‘Melco’ stands for Maki Engineering Laboratory Company.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.