- Elegant, sleek appearance disappears into any space
- Paintable grille to match surroundings
- Optional square adapter (sold separately)
- Developed using cutting edge design and computer modeling software
- Consistent tonality across all listening levels
- Clear and natural treble
- High excursion polypropylene/graphite woofer produces smooth effortless bass
- One-piece powder coated stainless steel grille
- Simplified single-step grille painting process
- Two-piece Roto-Lock® toggle feet
- New XPC Grille Retention Technology® ensures the grille holds securely in place
- Environmental Temperature: -30oF to +175oF (34oC to +79oC)
- Conforms to Military Standard 810G for humidity, salt spray, temperature and UV
- IP-66 rating for protection against heavy seas and powerful jets of water
- Tweeter: 1” (25mm) polyurethane dome, Ferrofluid cooled, in acoustic back chamber
- Woofer: 6.5” (165mm) injection-molded polypropylene/graphite cone, with integral Santoprene™ surround
- Frequency Response: 45Hz - 20kHz ±3dB
- Impedance: 8 Ohms nominal; 6 Ohms minimum
- Power Handling: 5 Watts minimum; 125 Watts maximum
- Sensitivity: 89dB SPL (2.83V/1 meter)
- Environmental: Conforms to Military Standard 810G for humidity, salt spray, temperature and UV
- Speaker Depth: 3 1/2” (89mm)
- Dimensions: 9 3/4” (248mm)
- Cut-Out Dimensions: 8 1/4” (210mm)
- Grille Material: Powder-coated stainless steel
Sonance came to life in 1983 when founders Scott Struthers and Geoff Spencer recognized the need for a groundbreaking new audio solution. No product or system existed that could deliver unsurpassed acoustic performance with minimal visual intrusion. It was this revelation that led them to invent the category of architectural speakers. And the rest is history.
Today, Sonance is still independently owned and operated, and headquartered in San Clemente, California, where it all began. The team at Sonance worked hard to build an unmatched reputation when it comes to speakers, but they also created a range of innovative, aesthetically-conscious home and business technology solutions that go far beyond sound.
There are three simple principles that inform everything Sonance do and make. These ideas represent the beliefs that inspired their beginning and still hold true to this day:
Create products that are designed to disappear.
Technology should disappear into architecture. This simple philosophy continues to inspire everything Sonance does. Their hidden audio solutions deliver an even, balanced sound experience that is nothing short of magical, blending into and style, installation, or budget.
Building upon strong heritage of innovation.
The history of this independently-owned company is rooted in a deep knowledge of their customers and construction. From high-performance, award-winning audio solutions to the unique TRUFIG mounting technology to innovative IPORT products that hold, charge and protect tablets, customers rely on Sonance's culture of creativity to continue to push the boundaries of technology and design.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.